The following commitments describe what civil society actors aspire to, and how we must work to achieve positive change. It is a reference framework designed for CSOs worldwide to align our individual standards to. It is a common framework that attempts to synthesise all core areas of CSO operations – and to be applicable for all CSOs, whether working on human rights, environmental protection, humanitarian responses, development, etc. Use this Global Standard for CSO Accountability to hold ourselves and our fellow organisations accountable.
WHAT WE WANT TO ACHIEVE
1. Justice and equality: We commit to justice and equal rights for all. Addressing all forms of injustice, discrimination, inequality and poverty, to create healthy societies for all.
2. Women’s rights and equity: We commit to rights and equity for women and girls’ wherever they live. Addressing all forms of violence, discrimination, intimidation and exploitation for women and girls so they can lead the lives they want.
3. Healthy planet: We commit to a healthy planet. Going beyond damage control, we will help create a healthy natural environment, that’s accessible for all including the generations to come.
4. Lasting change: We commit to lasting positive change. Focusing on long lasting improvements for people and the environment, not just short term successes.
OUR APPROACH TO CHANGE
5. People-driven work: We commit to making sure the people affected by our work are the ones owning and driving it.
6. Partner-investment: We commit to investing in partners, bringing together our diverse strengths to tackle complex problems.
7. Co-led campaigning: We commit to campaign for fundamental change, with the people who are most affected.
8. Results-orientation: We commit to deliver results not just projects or activities
WHAT WE DO INTERNALLY
9. Empowered people: We invest in the people who work with us to develop their full potential for our shared success.
10. Well-handled resources: We commit to handling our resources to best serve the public good.
11. Maximum openness: We commit to be fully open about who we are, what we do and our successes and failures, so people can hold us to account and get involved.
12. Accountable leadership: We commit to accountable leadership that’s fully focused on delivering good results for people and the environment.
By mid-May you will be able to download the final Version of the Global Standard here.
The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this.